Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

Paradise only 40min away from my home.

It has been a few days without and update and I think 27mins that are left for me to use the net might not be enough. So many things have happened in the past 3 days...somebody should start to write a book about the whole thing.

But everything shall be explained in Ghanaian style chaotic order.  :)


After a hestic week, trying to feed my way around this 2 mil big city [after all this one city equals the amount of people living in my entire country, so there is a lot to cover in just few days], trying to find where things are, how to get there and what are the prices for things, I escaped to Krokrobite beach for the weekend in search of peace and ocean breeze.

After struggling for about 45mintues to find the right tro tro, I sat down to munch on my take away lunch and wait for the van to get full so that we can set off for the village. It took some 40mins to get there and I was proud that I recognized the path how to get there and was surprised of how much information our brain actually notices and stores, and then used uses it in the right moment. Of-course my idea of peace and quite was far from what I experienced on the beach, since it was full with people living their lives there, approaching 'obrunis' and even trying to sell things. I was polite the 1st seller, but told off the other two and finally moved up in the porch with the ocean view and some sofas... It is my new paradise, where nobody bothers you. It is just me, breeze, ocean in front of me, book and which ever drink I have bough at the bar. I spent most of my weekend up in the there and finished yet another book [ my 2nd in the last 8 days].

Since I am not all that posh, I stayed at the dorm, which turned out to be a  mat with mosquito net over it in a...room, well wouldn't call it that way, another porch, perhaps, under the palm trees. Lovely. All I could wish for and there is nothing better than waking up at 6am and seeing the blue sky through the palm leaves over you and realizing - YEAH, I am living this. I am in Ghana!!!


There were few British volunteers and an Ozzie girl staying in the dorm too, so very soon we made friends and I had someone to have lunch with. One of the boys from the crowd, 22 y.o. Samuel, was a copy of my Ozzy ex in youth...The laughter - wrinkles around his eyes, thick eye brows and the way he moved his lips... I couldnt take eyes off from him. Just was so strange to return in the past...

2 comments:

  1. honey, live it up!
    And , pleaaaase, soak up the sun. we are freezing in europe!
    Flying to LV in 2 days, really looking forward to hug my mom there. Shame you wont be there.
    Just returned from Octoberfest, had an amazing fun!

    Hugs,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, baby - I am working on this EVERY DAY! i DONT EVEN BURN ANYMORE, I TAN! :) HEHEH

    ReplyDelete