Pages

Sunday 24 October 2010

Sunday feeling in Ghana.

This Sunday morning I woke up in a nice beach side hotel and experienced breakfast in bed and a proper Sunday sleep in [checking out exactly at noon :) ]. And that is what I call Sunday morning. Who said that in Ghana and Africa life for me is harsh - I am enjoying it more than I used to do in Latvia or anywhere else!
Despite the fact that the guy at the reception was total idiot and did not know how to make a bill, I enjoyed my stay at the HOLIDAY IN Beach Resort in Kakrobite this weekend.

My noon was filled with more lazy activities, like having a glass of fresh pineapple juice in the beach bar, a swim in the ocean, some sun and delicious lunch [my fav - bean stew with fried plantain] at the Big Milly's place [a very known back-packers's place in Ghana]. It was short, but it was slow and enjoyable couple of hours before I was driven home.



The drive itself took some 45mins, but the surreal feeling from it still hasnt left me. The radio played 80ties and 90ties slow hits, some jazz and country music, my window was open and hair still salty from the swim in the ocean. Over the small village huts, I could see the ocean just 200 yards from us and the road that takes us home. There were fishermen coming out of the sea and looking at the catch, there were little children playing on the road side, a woman with shinny Chinese umbrella used to cover her from the sun. There were birds and green grass along the road, palms on he beach... and once seen in the real life, seeing the things I left out in this description, one would most likely have it hard to believe that these place are the same. Yet it is what you see amongst the other things. I see the beauty of Ghana, the beauty of my life and love I have!

Already miss the beach...

No comments:

Post a Comment