Pages

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Visa issue.

Woke up early from a random call from a stranger at 6:30am this morning and my every attempt to fall asleep was ruined by the animals in the garden. London can be green and Swiss Cottage/Belsize Park area sure has some green back yards, one of which was right behind my window.

Gluten-free porage [ note to myself : get some from LND to take with you to ACC, will remind you of home] and a cold orange - perfect breakfast with my ozzie friend Dean! And then... Ghana High Comission in London, which is located in a very nice are of the city. Green, quite and residential. Walking around there, could imagine myself living in thie hestic, crazy city.

Yet, spending 7h on the feet now and last 5h spent in the city centre, gosh - i need to escape London!!! :)

Anyways, back to the visa issue: THE EMBASSY WAS CLOSED and the fun part is that NONE of my GH friends had mentioned that today is a national holiday, their 1st president's Kwame Nkrumah's birthday. I am sure that some people would panic, think that its the end of the life. Instead, I smiled at the sun, and a man next to me smiled at me. I will just go back tomorrow and try to get the visa tomorrow, there isnt much I can do about a closed embassy! :)

And the man walked with me, we spoke and went out for a morning coffee at McDonalds. And it is not every day you meet a Ghaninian who has studied in Moscow and speaks Russian. And his kindness, smile and emotional inteligence reminded me of the many reasons why I have chosen to move to Ghana!

Off I go in 4 day! yeiiiiiiiiiiii

No comments:

Post a Comment