Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

Life works it mysterious ways.

Episode 1: Just when I was wondering what am I really doing here in Ghana, pastor Mensa Otabil wrote on his Monday FB update:
'' YOU’RE A CHILD OF DESTINY. You’re not here by accident; you’re here by ASSIGNMENT. Your conception, birth and life are part of a DIVINE NARRATIVE. You’re NECESSARY. You’re NEEDED. The world needs YOUR DREAMS…YOUR WISDOM…YOUR GIFTS. Don’t bury your talent. Don’t allow critics to shut you down. Stir yourself up. IT’S YOUR TIME. It’s your DESTINY. Divine grace and favour be on you. TOUCH THE WORLD WITH YOUR BRILLIANCE! ''
As I said, God works in his mysterious ways! :) I am child of Destiny. 


Episode 2: someone kept screaming 'Hello?! Hello?!' and I was wondering who and why is doing it. Till I come to realize that it is a lady selling fruits passing the house and getting people's attention! Just like the ice-cream machine in USA with its horn/jingles! :)




Episode 3:  being the girly girl I am at times, it is a challenge to live without a mirror and trying to rinse my curly hair in a bucket! Don't get me wrong - there is water and there are two hands, so there is a way - just a new challenge that I am yet to overcome and learn to use TV screen as a mirror substitute and just plunge my head in a bucket to rise my hair! [ create that image in your mind :) ]




Episode 4: tell me it is not Business Class couchsurfing experience, having to wake up and see a constant smile on the host's face, getting freshly made coffee in a French press!!!!! [ a rare thing here in Ghana, so you should consider yourself EXTREMELY happy to come across one here! ], being spoiled by being given the entire double bed and fan going on most of the day! What else could I wish for?! Thank you, Henry! [ ps. I know you will be reading this at some point! hehehe ]




Note to my-self: DO check the shower, it actually works! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Pleasure Ediite, glad you enjoyed your stay here with me. You are welcome any day.

    As for the TV screen as mirror, so far as it works, life goes on :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your stay in Ghana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss the coffee already! I really do!

    ReplyDelete