Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Cultural differences. Lesson 1.

As it turns out, when someone tells you that you have gained weight, it is actually a BIG compliment here in Ghana! Meaning that your obviously has gone up and you are living it good. A cultural difference that got me a bit shocked and I was glad that I was explained it letter on in the day by Akua. This came from a girl in the office that I dont really know that well, but still if I wasnt explained it, I am sure I would have had a bad second impression of her and would look at her as rude and possibly think that she has a problem with me, which I did after she made this comment just after a min of seeing me! heheh


Otherwise, today was interesting in the sense that I took tro tro totally on my own and to new places, that involved me getting a bit more lost, yet I must say that going back home ran as smooth as for locals! I just need to do the route once to know the way! I am a fast learner! :) 

Oh, and tonight I was at this totally outstanding Jazz Concert. It was AMAIZING, under stars, green grass under my feet, lovely people all around and a music that sounds like a fairy tale. Hard to discribe. It was African Music Project and they join together different music styles and instruments making up a magical sound. [see the link for my video - sorry, still learning! :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment