Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

My first tro tro ride.

The absoulte benifit of staying with CSers aka the locals, is that you get to experience more local life in one day than 2 weeks being in country with an organisation, work on as a tourist! At 9am, in order to change money on a  Sunday morning, we hit down to the Circle [a big roundabout that has grown into a city's central landmark, since all the public transport meet there]. And me knowing that Henry wouldnt mind, instead of taxi we took tro tro! Gosh, I was surprised that thing actually could move, let alone get us to the destination. The entire wall I sat by, felt like might fall off any moment! Thou the ride is about 35 usa cents and magically gets peoples to places! So if locals can do it every day, so can I! :)

The same day, I also learned how to use shared taxi and that it is as cheap as tro tro in some cases, and one must wait when all 4 seats are taken before the driver takes off! :)

After exchanging some money, I went to meet my new-best-friend Akua, who is just a sunshine! I was so excited to meet here, felt like before a blind date with a hot guy! hehe :P She sure will be twisting my stay in Ghana quite a lot and you will be hearing about here soon!

Oh, and FOOOOOOOOOOOD: I got the ground nut [peanuts] soup with rice balls, ate with my right hand only and coped with the spices in the food like a pro! My first meal was at a nice side street off from Oxford st., in a placed called Duncan's bar. And the price  - once again - pleasantly surprising, only 2cs = 1,5$. Not bad, ah!?

Note to myself : try the Palm Vine! Mango season is starting in November. You are staying at Shara Rd 1st stop.... :P Akua lives near by Coco Clinic, North Kaneshi. Lambadi beach costs 1CS on weekdays and 5SC on weekends. Kakrobite is only 45mins from Kaneshi with a bus!

1 comment: