Pages

Sunday 26 September 2010

Do it the in the Business class! aka arrival in Ghana

It's technically already day two, since its past midnight and I just had my first bucket shower, and now sitting in a room with a fan in my PJ anticipating for morning to come and actually be in Ghana! :) I am back to bucket showers, water from plastic bags, fans and ACs, roads that do not look like roads most of the time and always having two things with me - misquote repellent and sun screen!

This is what I wanted, waited for last 6 months and planned the past two. I am in GHANA, can you believe it!? Still do not really know what I will be doing here, what will come out of it and where will it all take me! However, the arrival day sure has already been fun! :)

In London, on the way to the airport, with way too many bags to carry [ two backpack + huge purse with PC in it] on my shoulders, I lost my tube ticket and was worried that I might have to pay something to actually get out of the tube. Thou it once again proved that God is on my side and by simply explaining the situation to the youngest, cutest guards at the airport tube station, I got through! Luck on my side. Next I was upset that I had spent all my coins and have nothing for the push-cart, and would have to carry the bags all the way to the drop - off area. And it turns out that in the Terminal 5 - trolleys are for free! Good luck again.

The biggest joy was anticipating me in the flight! Having got a seat right in between two nice guys, I didnt even  mind being seated in the middle [ those who have flown with me, would know my obsession for ALWAYS picking front and aisle]. Nevertheless, our TVs didnt work. For none of us. The black guy on side sort of imposed that something is being done about it and so we were boosted up to the Business class! YUPII!!! It is not every day that you get to fly in Business class between continents. And I must say - it felt niiiiice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment