Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

'Safety blanket'

I keep telling myself to suck it in. Quietly to sit on my bed set and wait till its over. I tried. I even pretended for few days. I really tried. This morning I bombarded, exploded - I do not like GHANA anymore. It is too unsatisfactorial. Everything and everyone drives me crazy. I do not have any comfort of the familiar anymore.

Have got one person here that I know for almost a year now, currently sitting by his side and typing this...feeling like at least here, in the AFS office, the world is safe and Ghana is not mean to me. 

I am lacking familiar things. Things and people around me, change to soon. I do not have the chance to attach myself or maybe I do not do it on purpose. Not sure. Either way, I am missing my 'safety blanket', not even sure what or who it is. Lacking to be understood and supported. [don't get me wrong, I have amazing friends and I have not yet spent a day on my own, but it is different.] For now, my safety blanket is my friends hoody. Something familiar and comforting...


but what happens if I have to take it off at the end of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment