Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

~What it means to be loved in Ghana~

Kobby (Ghana) - also known as my Safety Blanket/Home and Contact Person
 There are different forms of love I have experienced in Ghana. All of then include a lot of caring. I was being cared for, when I first got here and was lost with what is what. I was cared for, when I was ill, I was cared for, when I was homesick, I was cared for when I got high on weed for the 1st time! This love also includes a lot of companionship - all the parties, weekends away, dinners, walks, teas... Just like I can talk for hours about my friends in Latvia here, I am sure my friends in Latvia will be hearing a lot about the friends in Ghana! :)
Meet Louisa and Jonathan (United Kingdom)- otherwise known as My Family

Meet Victoria (USA/Nigeria)
And half a year down the line, I once again realize, that I have managed to pull around me a bunch of WONDERFUL people that make my every day here in Ghana - so much more worthy! Meet some of them. (In order of appearance in my life! :) )
Susan (The Netherlands)  - also known as my 

Meet Alaa (Egypt) - also known as Best Friend
Meet Beija (France/Morocco) - also known as my Sistaaa

Meet Pamela (Argentina/Australia) and Tony (Lebanon/Universal)


Just cause I look soo bloody good in this picture, meet Pamela once again :)



Today I am going off to holidays in Europe for 17 days, and the past 3 days I have been drinking teas and having lunches with different people, like if I am leaving for months! :) It is soooooo super sweet, when you get a desperate call at 8am and a friend is insisting that we shall meet before I leave or that they will take me to airport, which is like 10min away from home! :)

And then there is also the other side of the world - with friends preparing for my short visits in London, Vienna, Riga and Amsterdam, arranging logistics and asking what would I like to have for my single meal in the country?!

It is mind blowing, once again, to realize how WONDERFUL IT IS TO BE ME!

I love the world, life and people around me!


THANK YOU ALL for coloring my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment