Pages

Saturday 19 March 2011

Drag queens and orgasmic Vienna.

We (friends and family living in Accra) always say : "Only in Ghana will you...", when we experience yet another unussual situation. Well, on I can say the same about Europe.

As I was shopping for my shoes in London, an elderly in a suit man walked in, holding La Senza shopping bag and looked around for the shoes. He looked around, picked up a few shoes and really was taking his time. I was wondering, what would he do on his own her in female shoe section, my naive ideas included he is shopping for his wife, who maybe is unable to come to the shop (and yet able to wear 4inch shoes heels???!!!!) or something like that. Then he asks the sales person to bring size 10 and he will try them on..once again, I thought, of so kind, they have the same size with his wife. hehe He puts on both shoes, pulls up his trousers so that I can see his perfectly shaved legs and walks arouns, and asks me for an advice as to how these shoes look on him?! And then he adds "I have a receptoion tonight. I want to look nice!!!" To which I can only answer "Oh, (sistaaa :) ) I get you, me too - have to go to concert tomorrow, need some nice shoes! These ones look good on you, just be careful - they are super slippery!" The gentelman buys the shoes and on the way out wishes me a good concer and a trip.

Only in London will you shop together with 60&co old drag queen!!!

A day latter I stepped out of undergroud station in Vienna,  despite the fact that it was raining cats and dogs and I obviously only have what I could find in my closet in Accra on me (that includes the tights experience. Tights and jeans!!!Jaiksss.), I smiled and wanted to jump around. I probablly looked like an idiot in the middle of the square, admiring the buildings, streets and people. I did feel like if I was from Africa. The simple things of a clean, paved street or proper windows and more than 3 stories buildings. Museums hand reach away and line of shops with seriously ORGASMIC shoe and dress choices!!! Spent WAY TOO much money on some super cool outfits and cant wait to go to Polo Games, Citizen Kofi, house parties, beach... to wear them all! LOL

But for right now- I will go back to my royal breakfast, prepared by my loving friend Martin and his gf, will endulge in some cheese and ham, coffee and jams... Life is wonderful and amaizing, when you are Ediite Millere.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment