Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

Picture perfect.

There is no such thing as PICTURE PERFECT. I wish I could say 'but', but there is no 'picture perfect' in this world.

A dear friend of mine, enviromentalist, life loving, healthy guy was always looking for the THE ONE, adored children and could not wait to have a family of his own at the age of 34. He met a girl, fell in love, followed here to different continent, found out she is pregnant, got married, had everything set out for a PICTURE PERFECT life and then the baby daughter died few days after she was born.


I once met Prince Charming, fell in love and had two amaizing years with him in my life... moved together and it all fell apart.

Bought a beautiful dress, but on the 1st day wearing it, realised that they had left the security tag on it - so had to tore it off and the saw the dress. It was no longer the perfect dress.

I had this Picture Perfect moment on a beach recently, when the one person I felt most safe with, as holding me as he read his book out loud to me, and the sun was playing with my skin... Far away from the world, just us. Picture Perfect...but I was lying there and thinking - what da fuck, I am seriously fucked up.

 Now I am sitting on the bench and thinking about my lesson learnt:

When ever it gets too perfect - enjoy it, cause it will not last! 

TGF - cosmoclock in Ghana!

No comments:

Post a Comment