Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

In a place I am not at.

You know how you can close your eyes and imagine a different place you are at. How the music, people, interior can easily transfer you to a different dimension. Lately my daily realization 'I LIVE IN AFRICA' has switched to 'THIS FEELS LIKE PARIS' or 'THIS MOMENT REMINDS ME OF USA'. Maybe it is a way my mind is trying to make Ghana to feel more like my home that it already is, by providing these 'pockets' and moments that remind of past.

...they say, that only when you come to your terms with the past, only then you can truly be in peace.


Three times a week, I teach this American lady Spanish. I go over to her house, and we sit by this big family dinning table, speak about life and also learn Spanish. She reminds me of my American hostmom, her home and life back in USA, as she describes it, makes me miss USA more and more each day. It has been 10 years now!

And there is something about the music. Just like smells, music reminds me of places... Bob Sinclair 'Love Generation' will always be my song for Australia, driving along the coast in a car with Maikle and his sons.



Alanis Morrison will always remind me of downtown Cleveland, the train rides between Shaker Heights and the city. Meeting Dominik and other exchange students in town for ice - cream...

Right now, Coldplay, inspired me for action to act upon the changes I want in my life! The kind of change, where I am here, but I am not!

No comments:

Post a Comment