Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Boy friends

There are all types of friendships in this world, but deep down I still believe that those shared by gentlemen are the most true ones. They always have each other's back, no matter what. They will give up their lives for each and kill for each other. For a brother. I have been lucky to witness such friendships and I have never gotten jealous, I am happy for those lucky guys that have them.

In Latvian we say 'Virs un vards', which means 'Man's promise' in other words, an unbreakable promise. And this is what I also often receive from my male friends -  much more respect and guys much more often keep their promises, than girls. Do not get me wrong, I have amazing girl friends all over the world, in every walk of my life... but another woman might not always put her friends first, she might have a husband, home, family to take care off... but man's promise is REAL.

Here in Ghana too, I have got amazing male friends. Yes, sometimes it is too much guys' talk, once I spend too much time with them, but there at least I know they will have my back no matter what! When we make plans, they will actually happen, unless I pull out. :) And it is often so much more easier with guys, much more simple. They need less for happiness. Simplicity = beer+mates  hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Vc46RbVOs

This entry goes to my Indian tribe, my Lebanese team and Egyptian back up here in Ghana! Thank you, guys!

Much love,
 your mate

No comments:

Post a Comment