Pages

Friday 12 November 2010

How life in Ghana didn't quite turned out to be what I had expected.

Some of you might now that it I came to Ghana with an idea in my mind, that I would start to work here as from February 2011, but, unfortunately, that plan fell apart on my 3rd week here and ever since I have been stressing myself out by the fact that I need to find a job ASAP. And find a job in Ghana!

After the initial - let's get to know Ghana - period, where the only worry is to care about the basic things of food, roof and fun, comes the REALITY check of needing to find a place to live in and set the daily life routine, which also involves planning carefully the transport expenses, food shopping etc.

And finally, Ghana didn't turn out to be just yet another backpacker's destination, being ok with my 40kg of life I brought with me. There have been so many formal outgoings, that my only two pairs of dressy shoes are worn out and definably not enough dresses with me. I am as concern about my looks and appearance here as I was in Latvia. Not something I would have guessed... :)

Thou the good news are : after less than two months into the adventure, I am referring to this as LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment