Pages

Thursday 25 August 2011

KFC in Accra

Ghana is a fast developing country, in fact some say that Nr 1 for right now in Africa. [Everyone has their own source of statistics - I can only speak from what I see, its growing in front of my eyes!] And while there are plenty of areas where people live in mud huts and have no electricity, or for that matter clean drinking water, there are skyscrapers being built, private jets and KFC!

Yeah, some people speak of development by the amount of American junk in the country [Latvia still has a long way to go, as to my knowledge we only have 5 McDonalds restaurants in the whole country as of today. The other franchise restaurants are European aka local.]. So Ghana finally has one and McD is on his way, some time next year! For my taste buts I would also love to have Taco Bell and Starbucks would be ok too - at least for their real wip cream! :) heheh

So anyhow, what is KFC ment to be [apart from overpriced junk food restaurant!?]? Its supposed to be FAST food restaurant, right!? Well in Ghana they have managed to kill that bit from the concept totally! :) Its FAST food restaurant by GH standards, which really is...slower  that when my granny makes 3 course meal!!!

Today, all I wanted was their cone ice cream! I got in a line with ONE person in front of me. And there are two people behind each cashier, which makes [I counted] 12 people in the area of about 4m2. I am guessing - about 2 or 3 of those people have an idea of what da fuck they are doing there and/or what it means to THINK and do! [Sorry, but poor client service really upsets me! Thx u, mom, by the way!]  So not only it took the guy 4 times to check and reorder the order that the guy in front of me asked for, but it also took him 3 questions to really make sure I want just an ice cream!!!

I guess....this will be one more place where I need to drink before I go there! LOL [another one is Immigration office] Or not eat the ice cream... OR send my driver to get me my ice cream! LOL

And yeah, I might be a spoiled brat and arrogant westerner, but when I am paying a price higher than in UK or USA, I do, at least, expect to get the product and service that should be included in the price! I wouldnt ever go at a street stand like this. Those ones...its either their way [gives enough timed to read like 4 pages in your book] or the high way [you go hungry]!  As simple as that! LOVE IT!

So yeah - let me take you out to KFC! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment