Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Visiting homeland.

We all grow up and there is no pill against that. After years of coming back to Latvia just for holidays, I have started to see many peolpe episodiacly. Meaning - I see them every few months or years and have the general update on their lives, ofcourse things change. Many have gotten married or are engaged, some give birth to their first born, some are already sending them to school... and it is like I have been informed about all that, but cause I only see these things happening occasionally, it does feel like there is paralel life happening and time has different meaning.


And yet there is nothing as powerful, than sitting with my 3 child hood friends in a vine bar in the capital, all dressed up [some after work, some on holidays in Latvia] and chating about old times and current situation. All so grown up and beautiful, but most importantly HAPPY WITH THEIR LIVES. I am so proud with us! We all have gone and reach things we had not dreamt of 5 years ago. Five years is a a long period, as it turns out! :)

Few more days before I head back to Accra, where I have my life now, and I do wish I could stay here a bit longer and enjoy the birds singing in our beach house, reading Latvian books and having occassional visitors at the beach house. But I am me - I need more meaningful life, I need bigger space and area to go wild in and new things to discover. I still feel that there is much for me to do and learn in Ghana, before I head to the next destination. Therefore I am happy and sad at the same time, that my summer holidays are over. Next holidays to come is in December.

...but there is no other place on the Earth than Mom's home, where one can get freshly baked pie and a kiss on the cheeck - just because, for no reason. I will miss that in Accra.

No comments:

Post a Comment