Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Back to Accra Village

After some time in Europe [even thou that mainly consisted of lying on the beach or terrace at the beach house in Latvia], it is nice to be back in Accra and experience this cool weather. I had never experienced +24 in Ghana, a weather where I even feel ok wearing a cardigan. It's such a relief and different Ghana, all fresh, also a bit more quite and it feels that just like the earth is drinking the rain water, so are the people rebooting for new harvest season and yet another 10 months of endless sun.

Tawala by day
I got in Ghana right on my Name Day and following my own traditions, that July 5 ought to be something special, I put on my new, long, flowery dress and head out to have couple of drinks with my friends at the beach bar Tawala. Just some closer friends, plenty of MADINGO [local Campari] shots with orange juice and some juicy chicken, ocean breeze and chill! Its not quite like eating mom's made strawberry cake, but its the best you can get here!

Mural at the Tawala Beach Bar

Getting back to work has been a bit...slow. Since my car is still in garage and I am dependent on taxis, which I am not very happy about. On top of that, having been in Latvia for 2 weeks, despite the fact that had 2 power cuts there too, it is really annoying when the local electricity company ppl, who are working right in front of my office cant tell that they are about to cut of our wire for the rest of the day... so annoying! So pretty much most of my working time, I have been spending battling with internet people and switching all my electrical devices in the office from one phase to another, that runs on generator! Messy! Oh, and client service! Still, even those two weeks I was in Europe, Ghana has not improved! LOL 

But overall, it is great to be back and receiving endless welcome back msg and calls from people and I didnt even know I was gone! Off to my 1st night out since I am back, thou might change that into a BBQ party with my friends at home! :) And sleeping in tomorrow... 

ps. I brought radio from Latvia, and having music in my bedroom makes SUCH a BIG difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment